Anyone else having probs with 2488?

formant74

so.., what's going on?
Okay it's only been recently, but after I play back what I have recorded and then go to add another track, everything gets bumped to the TG and it stops monitoring the inputs of the tracks I'm trying to record. There is nothing in the manual about it either. It's begining to serious frustrate and annoy me to the point I may get rid of it.
Anyone got any idea?

I wonder if maybe he's got the unit in Bounce mode and is inadvertently bouncing everything to the TG track.....if that's even possible. :confused:

I wonder if maybe he's got the unit in Bounce mode and is inadvertently bouncing everything to the TG track.....if that's even possible. :confused:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about BOUNCE MODE. But the TG part isn't possible. At this point, we'll have to wait and see what he meant.

Yep, that's what I mean. I don't know how or why it's doing it. I do nothing different each time. Sometimes it even goes over during normal playback. I don't know what to do.

Yep, that's what I mean. I don't know how or why it's doing it. I do nothing different each time. Sometimes it even goes over during normal playback. I don't know what to do.
Are you saying that it jumps into Bounce mode randomly??? If that really is the case, there's something wrong. But I honestly don't think that's possible. As far as it "bringing everything into the TG track", are you saying that when you turn up the TG track, you hear all your music tracks coming out of it, or do you just see that there's a signal on the TG track. If it's the latter, you might just be seeing the levels of a "drum track". I'm just guessing here and throwing out possibilities.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a tone generator track and what do you use it for?
The TG is the "Drum machine" track that's right after tracks 23/24.

Rami, you said what happens. All of a sudden, all the audio is in the TG track. When I turn up or down the TG, it adjust accordingly. If I try to record any additional audio tracks, nothing records but I hear what I am playing along with the previous recorded tracks only on that one. I've never used the tone generator anyway for drum tracks.

Rami, you said what happens. All of a sudden, all the audio is in the TG track. When I turn up or down the TG, it adjust accordingly. If I try to record any additional audio tracks, nothing records but I hear what I am playing along with the previous recorded tracks only on that one. I've never used the tone generator anyway for drum tracks.

In that case, there is definitely something wrong. That's a bummer, I've never had that happen to me and I hope you can get it fixed. I don't know how good TASCAM's customer service is, but hopefully they can service a problem like that. I hope you get it sorted it out, that's NOT supposed to happen.

Rather than trying to deal with TASCAM customer support (which is universally reviled), I would recommend that you use the TASCAM web site to locate the closest authorized repair shop, and communicate with the shop directly. Since you have one of the original models I assume it's out of warranty so all customer support could do is send you to a shop anyway.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Problem: buttons not working

my brother took over my 2488 and he said a button or two aren't working now.

i forget how old this 2488 is, but its not very old.

reading "let me see your studio" thread, I' noticed another post mentioning the "buttons don't work" on a 2488.

Anyone know if this is a software issue or is it a hardware issue?

I've had mine for what seems forever, and the only problem I have is with the buttons, too. It's not a software issue, I don't think. I just have to wiggle around the buttons that are used the most (PLAY and STOP) to get them to go sometimes. Also, the wheel is really weird, like it's got dust touching it's censor or something.

My "Rewind" button on the transport section needs a bit more of a push than the other transport buttons but so far it's still working. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue.

Back