Anyone did in to AudioSnap in Sonar Producer 7?

warble2

Not an expert
Hey all,
A feature I really haven't used yet although I was aware of it.

I've got an acoustic guitar track that is a touch off rhythm in a couple parts in a song. Tried a few takes, and the guitarist couldn't seem to nail down a consistent part. I curious if AudioSnap might be the solution - or a solution to getting these parts back in rhythm.

I guess I'm curious if that feature is suited for this task. I played a bit with it, but am not wrapping my head around it just yet.

Any thoughts?

I find Audiosnap works only marginally well on strummed acoustic guitar, and not well at all on fingerpicked guitar. (It's great on drums though.) The harder the strumming, the better it works, probably because the transients are more obvious.

How "off" is the guitar? If it's only a matter of the guitarist lagging or anticipating the beat, you can usually clean it up by slicing around the offending section, and sliding it left or right until it's more in the pocket. (When it works, this approach always sounds better than audiosnap.)

It was a big selling point for me when 7 came out. HUGE let down. Also was looking forward to the audio to MIDI...again not worth it if this is main reason for the upgrade.

Good luck

Back