Anybody using WAVES bundles?

WzRd

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about getting a WAVES bundle - plugins for my SONOR 4 producer.

This is not specific for SONOR so I posted here - Just wanted to know if anyone is using or has tried the WAVES bundles

The ones I looked at are GOLD ($900), Platinum ($1500) and Diamond (>$3k)

waves.com

Gold or Platinum would be in range.

Looks like fairly cool stuff but....?

Would appreciate hearing from you.

I mix in SONOR 4, record live and studio on an Alesis HD24/24 channel inline console.

Everything from 14 pc jazz to my son's "screamo" band.

Damnit Master :D I love my waves diamond bundle and I keep on hearing about the UAD-1, now I think i'm going to have to buy it!

Oh WzRd I like the waves stuff myself, pretty good investment but worth it IMHO. :)

While I've used and liked some Waves stuff, I don't think they're worth the price anymore.

Here's what I find myself using a lot:

DB Dynamics Plugin - $40
This is my ghetto sidechain plug for ducking, etc.

PSP MasterQ - $150
This is my go-to equalizer. May or may not sound the best or most transparent, but I find it way easier to use and work with than any other.

Voxengo Marquis Compressor - $90
I use this for parallel-style compression. Really fattens things up. I suppose it makes a good

Voxengo SPAN Analyzer - FREE
Free and good spectrum analysis.

Elemental Audio Inspector - FREE
Another free analysis tool, but with more metering and spectrograph stuff.

Digital Fish Blockfish - FREE
The entire Fish Fillets suite is probably worth about $250 or more, and they're free. The Blockfish is my favorite color/saturation compressor.

BBE Sonic Maximizer - $90
I may catch hell for this, but a little bit (and I mean a little) can bring synth strings or piano to life.

Waves L2/Mastering Bundle - $675
I don't know too many mastering limiters, but this is one of the best.

Cakewalk Sonar 5 Producer Edition - $500
Again, not only is this a great program, but I love the Sonitus gate. The reverb is really easy to use and sounds pretty cool, and the V-Vocal is supposed to be at least as good as Autotune. Producer Edition has the sweet plugs.

UAD-1 Flexipack - $700
Something I've got my eye on is the UAD flexipack with the Cambridge EQ, Fairchild, and Precision Limiter. I would take this over the Waves Mastering Bundle in a heartbeat. Plus, you can add on other plugs.

So, what I would do is try out the demos, and see what you like. That's what has worked for me in the past. Plus, you don't have to drop $3500 on a bunch of plugs you're not gonna use.

Back