Anybody use ProCo DI boxes?

I've been pretty happy with ProCo stuff in the past. It's not the type of DI you would use to get a certain type of sound but it will do the job and stay out of the way.

I've been pretty happy with ProCo stuff in the past. It's not the type of DI you would use to get a certain type of sound but it will do the job and stay out of the way.

This is good to know, about the sound. I really don't want any special color for this application. Nor will I need any bells and whistles.

Thanks Tex!!!

this is a passive transformer design and will work well for most things (i've got one here somewhere)... personally for live keys i prefer an active device that's powered from the boards phantom...

I just nabbed a four channel version. I'll let you all know how it goes when I can try it out.

So I am testing the unit out now. Works well with the electric violin, the acoustic/electric 6 string and synths. Has a nice clean sound to it.

My console pres overdrive beautifully when pushed hard by a synth bass :D

But I am getting a buzzing noise from it. Ground lift on either the box end or the mixer end doesn't help.

Lemme try swapping cables... :confused:

Back