anybody thinking of selling their msh-1O mic??

treymonfauntre

Magic Bag Of Sounds
they're on backorder and i really wanted to record a show i'm doing on tuesday (the 24th)
anybody bored by theirs yet?! :) :) :)

ahhh exact same thing happened to me today! i was going to order them for a live show i wanted to record, but couldent get around to it until today when they got on backorder! oh well. november first does seems very far away though.

One bleedin' capacitor, man. The vendor went out of stock at the beginning of the month, I thought my supply would hold out but it's been pretty busy. There is no substitution and other vendors don't stock it :mad: Sorry dudes :(

now im actually thinking of getting one of the mobile series. msh-can a balanced output like that of the msh-1m be plugged into a regular mic preamp? and does it require the same or less amount of phantom power? im really confuzed about the mobile series and what they do, other than that they are balenced and therefore quieter. thank you so much for your time and mics!

surfmaster said:
the fest is sweet! its been my life goal to make it down to florida to see it at least once.

the turnout has gone up exponentially each year, you better get here before it encompasses the entire state.

i, also, am confused about the mobile series and what their differences are between the standard.

surfmaster said:
now im actually thinking of getting one of the mobile series. msh-can a balanced output like that of the msh-1m be plugged into a regular mic preamp? and does it require the same or less amount of phantom power? im really confuzed about the mobile series and what they do, other than that they are balenced and therefore quieter. thank you so much for your time and mics!

All standard professional microphones have balanced outputs. However, mics for other applications are often unbalanced. PC mics, plug-in power on portable recorders; those are unbalanced connections. But nothing in the studio world should be unbalanced, with rare exceptions (like an unmodded Green Bullet, for example).

The only mic I make that isn't balanced is the 1H--I could do a balanced version, but I think that would be counterproductive, since balanced mic preamps don't need the extra gain.

The mobile series is designed to run on very little current, and also lower voltages and alternate power supplies. The 1M could be a useful mic in a studio, since it is slightly quieter than the 1O. On the minus side, it doesn't have anything near the SPL handling of the 1O, and it has high output impedance.

how much worse is the spl handling? i want to use them as drum overheads, and that may be a problem if it is much worse

mshilarious said:
One bleedin' capacitor, man. The vendor went out of stock at the beginning of the month, I thought my supply would hold out but it's been pretty busy. There is no substitution and other vendors don't stock it :mad: Sorry dudes :(

stinkin suppliers...

hey, make your own capacitors! :rolleyes:

lmao.. i once thought it would be worthwhile to make a DIY guitar pickup too...

Hey, will you make public when you have these available again? :)
Hopefully I won't have just gone on a g.a.s. or g.m.s. binge again.

Thought I would give this a bump in case you have some of these going again and just hadn't updated your website yet. I'm in the same boat as surfmaster--just now getting around to order some of the buggers, but they're backordered. What a cruel trick! :mad: :D

PM or email or something if you can.

reddog1299 at hotmail.com

Back