Anybody know about this?

GROOVEJIVEY

Hey all-
I've got an Alesis Quadraverb unit, & I'd like to use it in my live setup, but I have some ???'s:
1) I got my unit with a spare IC chip, some kind of upgrade, I think. Anybody have the scoop on this? The chip was in a clear plastic holder, it says Alesis on the sticker that's on the top of the chip. WTF?
2) Would this unit be better suited adding to the sound of the vocals, or should/could it be applied more judiciously elsewhere in the signal chain? The total PA setup is my baby, & I'm learning alot as I go, but I'm trying to get the maximum kick for what I have to work with.
Thanks in advance,
Groove.

:) Carefully open up unit, and look at version of chip in unit, if the loose chip has a higher number or newer date, then install.
BE CAREFULL when removing old chip so as not to damage the holder on circuit board or pry it loose on circuit board.
Don't use any metal object to remove old chip, take your time and wiggle it up, or get your fingernails under it if you can.
Problem? do a hey Muttley or PM.

da MUTT

Also be carefull when handling the chip and where you even set it down. They are very suseptable to damage fromstatic electricity. A carpet shock could destroy the chip. Just sliding it (unprotected) across a table could do it.

Back