Anybody ever used a Presonus Central Station?

justharold

I heard that the Presonus Cenrtral Station was a very versatile unit. And that it has a great D/A converter (believe it or not). I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one...

central station's poorer cousin

yeah - saw a review of the central station and it looked great -

however, i just bought a (oh god, i'm going to have to type the name again - maybe it's a british joke - yeah - it'll be fine) Mackie Big Knob and it's great. It kinda feels like the lil cousin from out of town of the Presonus, but at a fraction of the price.

Again, does the job without getting in the way. The more you use it, the more flexible you discover it can be as well. Some nice little features on it too like the DIM control (for when you get that important phone call from a prospective client, but you still want the very cool music playing in the background to impress them!!!! can you tell i do this for a living?)

the talkback is nice too. no digital though, which is a major down side. you can run 3 sets of monitors off it though, so i have my mains, a crappy set for tv/mono/boombox and my live room monitors all fed from the one source.

i like the desktop design too, it's fairly chunky but i quite like that. very good substitute for a mixer, for not much more.

and it does have a very big knob on it. hmmm.

best regs

paul d
the league for non-embarrassing names for audio stuff

Back