Anybody ever use Quantegy 472 blank cassette's?

C Hugo

Has anybody ever used these Quantegy 472 studio series blank cassette's?And are they any good?I am having a tough time finding someplace on the web that carries these tape as i would like to try them.Thanks for any help in advanced!!

Yo CHUGO:

Did we have this conversation before?

Quantegy bought Ampex. Ampex used to do good tape. Quantegy tapes are second rate in my opinion.

I'm not sure exactly what type of tape you refer to but the tape mechanisms are shoddy -- noise -- and, basically, tape is tape.

Suggest you get a Full Compass catalog and buy some CR2 tapes. You can choose many time lengths. Depends on what you need.

But, the best mechanisms are found in Sony UX PRO tape cassettes if you can find them -- ceramic mechanisms = quiet and efficient. \

Green Hornet:D :D :cool: :cool: :p :p

No i hav'nt inquired about this tape before.

The exact tape i'm inquiring about is the Professional Studio series 472 tape.I don't think that tape is tape,some tape is better than others.I just wanted to know how the 472 tape sounds and performs from people who have tried them before.I am sending a photo of the 472 tape i am talking about.

Attachments

• 472.jpg
    472.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 440
Yo CHUGO:

Yea, verily, the photo you attached is exactly what I bought. I bought a ten pack as I recollect. As I said before, I did not like the mechanish within the cassette -- noisy and a couple of the cassettes sounded like a car with a blown rod.

If you can get any UX Sony, it's mechanism is superior to most cassette mechanisms.

I think the tape on Quantegy is fine -- don't like the little wheels that spin it around on their product -- el cheapo.

Green Hornet
:p :p :p :cool: :cool: :D

go with sony

although i say go with sony UX in cassettes, i have used most brand that i can get down under have not been able to get the
Quantegy in cassette as yet but the 456 reel tape is good, i have found the sony better then maxell,tdk,basf, all you can do is try them the Quantegy they may be your thing or they may be shit. you can be the judge

Yo theraputical Beyondess:

Don't really hold your breath to get the Quantegy cassettes; like I said, the CR2 tape in them is fine; I suspect one or two companies make all the tape anyway. It's the mechanism and the construction of the cassette that makes a big difference.

I can use Maxell, TKD, Sony, and, even Memorex; however, I prefer the Sony. In general distribution to friends and fans, I use CR2 tape that I buy from Full Compass in 22.5 minutes per side. That is long enough for me to get some nice cuts on each side without becoming TOO long. But, to each his own....sounds like the title of a song of yore.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p :cool: :cool:

Back