Any wrestling fans out there?

Thanks for the reply, I really need to invest in a good bass because I have that problem a lot and I can only polish that turd so much.:D

Thanks for the reply, I really need to invest in a good bass because I have that problem a lot and I can only polish that turd so much.:D

Try this trick: (someone told me about it) record your bass through a DI box or even through your mixer, with the eq at unity (no cut or boost), then when you are mixing down, use spare compression (2-1 or less) to bring it out in the mix. Use a low-pass filter to take out the lower freqs where your kick drum hides (anything below 200hz). You should have better luck making it stand out without being boomy.

As far as the mid range mud, the best I can do for you there is to tell you to watch how you eq your amp while recording. Remember that a mic doesn't hear things the same way your ears do. Don't boost the bass or mid ranges on your amp. Use less gain and saturation than you would in a live rig.

Good luck with it. Remember: it is far better to capture it right going in than it is try to fix it in the mix.

Back