any vocal coaches wanna give some free tips/lessons?;]

Newbie dude

I dunno if this is the right place for this post, and i dunno if their is anyone out there that has some free time to help and experience with vocal coaching, but I could use some help. I can hit notes and keep rhythym no problem, but my diction and voice is just so.....weird. I was thinking if someone wanted to help, maybe you could listen to a recording of my singing, and you could tell me how to fix it, or if its even fixable at all?

Singing Lessons

http://www.singingvoicelessons.com/

A professional teacher is a good idea for vocal training.

If you can't find/afford one get some CD's with exercises on them.

I recommend the CD's sold at the above website.

I use the warm up CD before I sing and the workout CD for strengthening.

I highly recommend the complete set of CD's - it'll cost you about $40 but I think it's a good investment.

:) :D :) :D

ido1957 said:
http://www.singingvoicelessons.com/

A professional teacher is a good idea for vocal training.

If you can't find/afford one get some CD's with exercises on them.

I recommend the CD's sold at the above website.

I use the warm up CD before I sing and the workout CD for strengthening.

I highly recommend the complete set of CD's - it'll cost you about $40 but I think it's a good investment.

:) :D :) :D

Great advice.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ido1957 again."

the one thing a teacher can do that a cd cant is tell if your breathing right... and that is the one most important thing you can learn.... proper breath support is the whole ball game.... second is phrasing and you cant phrase right if your not breathing properly...

Another important part is how you make vowel sounds. The next time you're listening to your fave singer, notice how they handle the A E I O U sounds. Then try to imitate that sound. Thats where most singers fail. If you can learn just one thing about singing, that should be it.

chazba

I'm considering making a vocal training dvd to sell on my site. I did not know if there would be much demand.

To explain everything by typing would take forever.

I will give a bit of help. (speaking of vowels) Classicly trained singers do not use sharp vowels.
The darken thier vowels in orter to keep thier timbre the same through out the scale and regardless ow what they are singing. That is the major point of that style of vocal training. You do not hear the singer sing "WE" and the E hurts your ears. His E sounds like the E in "welcome"

The way you darken your vowels is very simple, but it is ment to be used with the proper larynx position, diaphram support, and soft pallet position. Soooo don't expect to hear a magical transformation from this without all that.

Now that I am done with the disclaimer;) Here it is. You curl your tounge to the roof of your mouth when singing vowels. I personally don't quite touch the roof of my mouth but am right there.

While on the subject of vowells. When singing stretched out words, you always stretch/hold on the vowel. You can't stretch a consinant, you end up breaking the word into parts. It's ok to pulse on and off on a consanant or a vowell for effect in rock music, but to truly stretch in a pretty way it's always a vowel.

Got to run. It's all I got for now.

For more,, Buy my DVD that I haven't made:D
F.S.

Last edited:
Freudian Slip said:
I'm considering making a vocal training dvd to sell on my site. I did not know if there would be much demand.

For more,, Buy my DVD that I haven't made:D
F.S.

Nice help. Best of luck in your DVD venture.

Back