any users of the kawai k1r?

superdee

hello all,i just came across this module by kawai circa 88,.i can hear the single sounds in single mode but not the ones in multi mode,.it has a total of 96 patches, any one familar with this different lil module? thanks :D :)

I have a Kawai K1r (haven't used it in a few years).

If you are in multi mode you need to set the parameters (there are 4 "parameter buttons", each of which controls various parameters) for MIDI channel receive (to match a send channel on whatever controller you're using) and assign the sounds to specific outputs etc. - I suspect that may be part of your problem.

While I can't offer a complete tutorial on how to use the K1r, if you post specific questions, I can try to answer them (but like I said, I havn't used my K1r in a long time - some my tech chops may be rusty).

Hopefully you got a manual with the module - it's not the eaaiest unit to learn - in particular without a manual (but I always the the K1 was a very good module).

thanks alot,.great help,.i do have a manual,yeah it does sound nice,.i like old modules,it seems,all makers are trying to bring back the old,...thanks again mikeh :)

Back