Any suggestions on high quality reverb plugin

NickSands

I have been mixing with free reverb plugins and i am struggling to get that professional sound space. Those the plugin have anything to do with the plugins

Not sure what that last sentence is doing, but any professional can get "a professional sound space" even with freeware plugs. Post up examples of your mixes.

Most stock plugins that come with your daw are real good. Learn how to use them before you go down the ‘need to buy’ plugins rabbithole

I've used a few nice reverbs and they can be fun, but it's worth trying some stuff first. Try putting an EQ before or after the reverb. Also try a compressor.

Since I discovered that you can chain the different modules in Reaverb, I use it much more now but I usually use the Trim/Stretch/Gain module and the Filter module to adjust the raw impulse to fit the sound that I want.

Those the plugin have anything to do with the plugins
It's just my savage sense of humour, but that would make a great title for an instrumental or even an EP.
But not a whole album ! :cautious:
I have been mixing with free reverb plugins and i am struggling to get that professional sound space. Those the plugin have anything to do with the plugins
This is entirely a personal preference thing. When I first began recording, I had no reverb unit so I used to put the bass drum in front of the mic and use the natural reverb from that.
It sounded good at the time but it was painful to do, physically.
Then when I got a reverb unit, in order to hear it make a difference, I'd slather on tons of reverb. The mixes were difficult to do, it sounded not only like mush, but mush recorded in a hugely reverberant cave in the Dominican Republic or under the Soth Atlantic Ocean.
I found that I began to favour less and less reverb or rather, less in an obvious way, unless I wanted it to be obvious. And sometimes, it's OK not to use any at all. My ancient standalone DAW, the old technology Akai DPS12i
1700937608316.pngcomes with a load of in-built effects, of which around 10 or so are reverb effects. They're not great, but then, I don't know what great reverb is.
But I know what reverb is. And I've learned how to get decent reverb with the little that I have. I also have a Behringer mixer that has a few reverbs on it. Again, nothing "great" but then, I don't know what great reverb is. :P
But I know what reverb is. And how to use it. On its own and in conjunction with other sounds and effects. That took time and practice.
As an aside, I don't think I have ever heard a song and said to myself "Now, that had some fantastic reverb !"

The Samplicity samples have over 130 different reverbs, Hall, Rooms, Chambers, Plates, Ambiences and Spaces at both 44 and 48K. You get left, right and stereo /quad samples. If you can't find a professional sounding reverb in that group, you're really being picky.

I personally like some of the plate reverbs, like the Sun Plate, the London Plate, and the Vocal Plate. I don't use the chambers and halls much. Most of the time, the reverb is set around -38 to -40 below the dry signal. Just pull up REAVerb, and hit File:Add and choose the reverb you want to try.

The Samplicity samples have over 130 different reverbs, Hall, Rooms, Chambers, Plates, Ambiences and Spaces at both 44 and 48K. You get left, right and stereo /quad samples. If you can't find a professional sounding reverb in that group, you're really being picky.

I personally like some of the plate reverbs, like the Sun Plate, the London Plate, and the Vocal Plate. I don't use the chambers and halls much. Most of the time, the reverb is set around -38 to -40 below the dry signal. Just pull up REAVerb, and hit File:Add and choose the reverb you want to try.
I appreciate the link above for the samples!

What DAW are you using? Generally the Reverb plugins that come with DAWs are really good - that said there are also great 3rd party plugins - the FabFilter Pro-R2 and the Valhalla DS ValhallaRoom - myself I use the Waves Abbey Road Plates and Chambers - Native Instruments Raum and Logics Space Designer to varying degrees all of the Reverb type plugins work fine - generally it's the operator who makes them sound bad or plain.

I have an old Lexicon with the LARC. I'm embarrassed to say how many times D Verb (free) ends up on tracks out of laziness. Waves make the H Reverb, which is most likely on sale for under $30 at any given time, and it's shockingly great if the time is put in to fully understand its potential.

What DAW are you using? Generally the Reverb plugins that come with DAWs are really good - that said there are also great 3rd party plugins - the FabFilter Pro-R2 and the Valhalla DS ValhallaRoom - myself I use the Waves Abbey Road Plates and Chambers - Native Instruments Raum and Logics Space Designer to varying degrees all of the Reverb type plugins work fine - generally it's the operator who makes them sound bad or plain.
The Valhalla Reverbs are actually really nice and cheap because you buy one at a time. Most reverbs that come with the DAWs are not great. Some of the IRs are nice like Space in PT or Waves IR-L (as long as you download the 4 gigs of IRs). Also Abbey Road Plates is on almost everyone of my mixes. If you want an amazing fully tweakable non-IR reverb the Flux IRCAM Verb V3 is absolutely amazing and a steal at $179. I paid like $399 for it years ago, but totally worth either price. Relab Development's LX480 Essentials and Full version are amazing as well and probably the best 480 recreation out there.

You see it’s so genre specific, blends with personal specific. I have had those abbey road plates. For me, a total waste of money, because while being realistic and adjustable, I just don’t need or want that sound. For me there are six or so in the reverence free plug-in that came with cubase pro versions ago. I’d really miss those if it got scrapped. Up until a few updates ago I also had a thing called wonderverb or wundaverb? Downloaded from somewhere years ago and I liked that too. There are probably others I would use on my system, but I can’t imagine spending time searching. Some accidentally had to use when I did a machine swap were truly dire, but maybe if I did a different style of music, I’d love them?

If you patch the plug in a buss and send to it that is how you use reverb plugs and not on the channel directly. I like to set up that bus with a compressor, then the reverb plugin then another compressor plugin. So I can vary the behavior of the verb. Because a lot of times you need to compress before the verb even with a real rack gear unit.

Btw, there are a lot of free reverb plugins that are better than the ones in plugin packs from vendors.

Back