Any suggestions for an all tube guitar amp

kartikbala

hi,

i have an epiphone LP std, and a fender am std telecaster. im interested in an all tube amp (less than 50W if possible) that will really rock. which small tube amps are good for single coil/double coil pickups?

thanks

kb

I don't know if you can find the fender amp they called 'The Twin'. I've gotten lucky and got a used one from a music store that used to rent it out. It has the clean sound of the original twin reverbs and the dirt sound of the Super Reverbs. I found mine 4 years ago and haven't seen one since. It's the real deal, awesome.

check out the peavey delta blues 30 ...just ignore the name;) It's really a great tube amp for around $400. It gets more use than my 1959 marshall plexi, if that means anything...

THD!

Before you buy anything, I would check out a THD UniValve or the new BiValve. These are really amazing amps for recording - the tonal variety available by different tubes choices is staggering... (aka Tube POD)

the Marshall JCM800 is the most damned amazing thing i've ever heard...unbelievable, i played the 1997 100 watt version, its exellent.

Also check out Fender Ultrachorus, it isn't a tube amp, but is the only solid state i've heard that sounds like one. Check out Mesaboogie Nomad 45 (its pretty descent).

Peavy is making very good amps these days. And, you might take a look at Laney. These are much lower priced and sound good. Fender amps sound as good as ever.

Back