ANy Roland GI-20 or Yamaha G50 users here?

alien

Ok,

I have a few applications that required a midi PU. So I got a GK-3...now for the brain.

I am looking at the Roland GR-20 and the YAmaha G50. The reason is that my wife is the keyboardist and is armed with an Ensoniq SQ1+, a Korg Triton, and a Roland A Juno 1. I have all of the synth patches I'll ever need there, so no real need for internal voices.

I have read both good and bad about both units though and am looking for some unbiased reports/reviews. I am highly interested in frequency of 'false notes' and latency (which strings/ranges).

ANybody help me out here? :)

Yamaha G50 User

I've used the G50 with a Triton Rack and have noticed latency...I'm not sure if I haven't "dialed' it in correctly with the sensitivity, but I have noticed that it not working up to par....I don't know much about the Roland GI20 wish there was someone that could comment, that isn't using Garageband...I guess the biggest reason I don't use it is because of the limited built-in sounds, If I could configure garage band to use my triton rack effectively that would be great...I also do not have a Brian Moore guitar, I; using those Roland 13pin pickups just the same...
Dee

Back