Any quick way to mult sections in cubase 6?

Pahtcub

I'm reading mixing secrets for small studios book and it references more than once the act of "multing" or taking a section of a track and moving it to another track with the exact same presets. The only way I've been able to accomplish this is by duplicating the track and then deleting all the surrounding information around the section I want multed which becomes a bit tedious after multiple applications. I love this technique and am thinking there must be an easier way to accomplish this in cubase. Anyone have any ideas?

In C5, you can make the cuts on both ends of what you want to move. Then create a new audio track below, hold ctrl, click the section to be moved and drag down. Ctrl makes it so that it can't move right or left.
I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the same presets though. Do you mean the same plugins that are already on the track to be multed?

If that's the case, i found a cool trick just the other day. Again, in C5, but probably the same in 6. You can open the Mixer, and then extend it to show the inserts. Now click on a plug while holding ALT and you can drag a perfect copy of the plug into the new channel. This way you don't have to save it as a preset first and all that none sense.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your questions... And honestly, your route might be quicker. However, isn't the point of multing to NOT have the same stuff on each of the new, smaller tracks?

The best way to do this is to cut the section you want from the track using the cut tool (3), and then, while holding down CTRL, drag the section down to the bottom of the project beyond the last track. This will automatically create a new track that is a duplicate of the source track, although just with the section you want.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

Back