Any Plasma users here?

Kiauma

Tell me why you like this program - like the price! VERY feature rich program for so few clams.

I'd also like to hear what you would like to see improved in it.

Ya know, the other day I went to the local Guitar Center and I think I answered my own question of why there are so few Plasma users.

Looking around, I was perusing the software titles when I noticed something. They had a lot of Cakewalk products. Two versions of Sonar. Guitar Tracks. Home Studio. They had just about everything Cakewalk made - except Plasma! Looking at the other product titles, I saw they were all in roughly the same price ranges.

I had to draw the conclusion that Plasma is under-priced to be taken seriously even by the home music industry. How can it be that good in that price rang? - better to stock the higher priced offerings, with a more 'professional price' appeal, I guess. :confused:

what appeals to you about plasma that Homestudio doesn't have? it cant be the price as they are pretty close aren't they? I havn't looked in a while. Homestudio has many more freatures too.

Do you mean Home Studio 2, at $150 versus Plasma's $50??

Yes, Home Studio is definitely a superior product - but hardly at a comparable price.

no i was thinking home studio 2002 (or even 2004 ) for 70 bucks...

at studica.com, cakewalk hoemstudio 2004 is 55 bucks with a student discount and 70 bucks regular i think... even still, spending the extra 30 bucks is well worth it. i guess if you are hell-bent on getting plasma, go for it. I would actually like to hear how it works for you as i have never tried it. Post a review if have chance.

Back