Any Photoshop Junkies?

Ha, I waited for 3 versions to pass by so you have a few years to go.

So do you just use it to tweak your photos? Or do have any original creations to share?

I'm suprised that your the only one. I thought with all of the creative types in here there would be a deluge of photoshoppers.

Ha, I waited for 3 versions to pass by so you have a few years to go.

So do you just use it to tweak your photos? Or do have any original creations to share?

I'm suprised that your the only one. I thought with all of the creative types in here there would be a deluge of photoshoppers.

I use it for both!

Sometimes though, I go overboard on the processing and my pictures end up looking like cartoons. :o

Here's an example of excessive processing!

VV4G11913stitchedsmallII.jpg

This was a 2 shots stitched together.

Once stitched, I didn't like the sky so I erased it and replaced it with a different sky!

But that sky wasn't exactly right, so I blurred it to give it a more dreamy look!

Then I noticed that the flower bed wasn't level to the ground so I twisted it around with the liquify tool!

Then I noticed one of the balconies had some ugly sheets hanging over the railings, so I cloned a clean balcony in its place!

Then I thought I'd punch up the highlights of the tress and flowers to give then some extra pop!

Then I added a vignette effect to add a bit of focus to the shot.

Then I touched up the over all color and did a bit of sharpening with the unsharp mask to give the web sized image a bit more crispness!

Then I finally added my name to the shot.

Just a typical Photoshop adventure for me! :drunk:

Cheers! :)

At $600 Photoshop is a bit out of my current budget.

I did purchase Photomatix Pro 4 HDR processing for $99. It's definitely an interesting tool and perhaps not as useful a tool to hard core photographic purists than Photoshop is.

Photoshop and every other photograpic tool equate with the tools that all home audio recordists can get sucked into buying with a promise to fix their mix. ;)

I'm just kidding!

Tools are tools.

Learn how to use the tools you purchase to achieve the results you expected.

When it took me three days of screwing around with it to work around CS3 not supporting installation on case-sentive volumes, I told Adobe that I wouldn't upgrade until they fixed that fatal flaw. They still haven't fixed that fatal flaw as of CS5 (despite the fact that I or any other competent programmer could fix it in at most a few hours if I had access to their source code), so I'm still on CS3 and will be until either a Mac OS X update breaks it or they fix the bug. And if the first one happens first, I'll keep it around on an old machine and use Pixelmator as my primary editor. I'm sick of paying Adobe hundreds of bucks for shovelware.

I guess I like it just because there are so many good tutorials. If you can imagine it someone has put up a video on how to do it in photoshop. I don't know enough about any other programs to have a valid opinion.

I actually got started with it with a free version of PS essentials, then I got some sort of offer with my camera to upgrade to PS CS2, I don't remember exactly, but I never did pay full price.

I use Photoshop Elements, which is way cheaper, and does tons of cool stuff. I mostly use it for processing photos, but occasionally do other stuff with it.

1071213146_xB9VD-L.jpg

467886554_QJCGB-XL.jpg

I was going to mention Elements, I think 90% of the tutorials for PS will apply.

Hey in that second pic those other two guys look almost exactly like you. :D

GIMP user here :eek:

I have only been doing about a month or two, but I like what I have accomplished so far. I primarily use it to make forum signatures for people. The one in my signature is my favorite one I have done yet, but I don't like the homerecording.com dimensions lol. It was made for a 500x250 limit...not a 500x100. Oh well...good stuff in here.

lol - i'm a photoshop junkie too, using cs4 at the moment - goes hand in hand with my love of photography and I've become pretty good with it :D is CS5 worth the upgrade? (if it just makes you a lazier artist then I can afford to miss out this time around! :)

Been using it since v2.5 and still using v7.

Never found a good enough reason to upgrade beyond that (I spent 10 years doing prepress graphics)

Wow. I've been Photoshopping since I think version 6. My dad is a graphic designer so I grew up using his software to make graphics for forums. I started out on WWF forums making graphics (lol, I was like 11. wrestling was cool then). Moved on to NBA forums, System of a Down forums, now NFL forums and part time work designing websites, flyers, brochures and the like.

I made a pretty cool graphic for my old band once upon a time... in my opinion. ; ) Let's see if I can dig it up.

Oh darn, not allowed to post it since I don't have 5 posts yet. :P

Anyhow, I use CS3 as of right now. Haven't had reason to upgrade...

I work as a Graphic designer))) So I use Photoshop and etc...

Some of my works:
art_shapka.jpg

composition_3_5_1_layer_web.jpg

It's Adobe Illustrator:
psb_vs_theworld_site.jpg

Back