any opinion on this pop/r&b track?

That's a serious amount of bass, maybe too much judging by the way my letter box is resonating. The vocal track has a lot treatment which on a bare track like this, allows the unwanted sounds to come forwards. Especially where the vocal stops before the end of the section you have posted and then the noise vanishes, which might be better done at all the positions where no vocal is audible. Quite envious of your vocal range though, I'm blessed with something that sits about an octave lower lol. The breathy noises would be ok if they were natural sounding, but they are not, due to processing of the vocal. Again, while I'm now listening on cans in the name of letterbox preservation I'm suspecting some mild break up on the peaks, but that might just be my sound card raising its white flag.

all the best

Tim

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. The sub frequencies of that kick is overwhelming, and takes away from the whole tune. Roll that off.

Quite a bit of 'ess' going on as well. A de-esser would really help.

Couple of pitch issues, but your voice is quite soothing, and the breathiness is cool.

You have a great voice! Nice tune too, just made for slow dancing. The bass is a little loud and you could use some de-essing the rest of the mix is good.

Back