Any opinion on this cinematic track I did?

I like the sound of it aaron, the instrumentation and arrangement is very nice.

In terms of critique, I think the bass line is a little boomy at the beginning (though it may just be my speakers), I'd lay off the autotune a bit and tidy the timing up the rhythm of the triggered hihat/cymbal part.

Enjoyed listening though.

Good one! The only nit I have is that the 'crush' snare is a little up in the mix...and maybe a little dry.

Listing in mono on a 4.5 inch monitor.

You were at the line of note randomness and melody. Strode the fence successfully, I think.

The recording sounds great.

I like the sound of it aaron, the instrumentation and arrangement is very nice.

In terms of critique, I think the bass line is a little boomy at the beginning (though it may just be my speakers), I'd lay off the autotune a bit and tidy the timing up the rhythm of the triggered hihat/cymbal part.

Enjoyed listening though.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't use any auto-tune on this though. Auto-tuned material usually have that robotic sound to it.

Good one! The only nit I have is that the 'crush' snare is a little up in the mix...and maybe a little dry.

Listing in mono on a 4.5 inch monitor.

You were at the line of note randomness and melody. Strode the fence successfully, I think.

The recording sounds great.

Thanks for listening :D

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't use any auto-tune on this though. Auto-tuned material usually have that robotic sound to it.

Hmm, I thought I could hear that phasey robotic sound on a few of the vocal phrases - will listen back when I'm on a PC with speakers again. As I say, nice work though.

Hmm, I thought I could hear that phasey robotic sound on a few of the vocal phrases - will listen back when I'm on a PC with speakers again. As I say, nice work though.

Thanks for the compliment :)

I remember using 'Adobe Audition's noise cancelling function.If you use too much, I noticed it kinda creates that robotic sound so that might be the case.

Back