Any nice people producing trance here?

toka

hey!
i wonder if there is any trance producers here. I would like to chat with you to talk music producing. I myself produce trance. If you have MSN then add me on : toomas1@hotmail.com

regards
toka

toka said:
hey!
i wonder if there is any trance producers here. I would like to chat with you to talk music producing. I myself produce trance. If you have MSN then add me on : toomas1@hotmail.com

regards
toka

What is a "Trance Producer". You mean like a Hypnotist? I'm getting sleepy... Seriously, what's that?

Fangar

A trance producer is someone who produces all their shit on a beat box cause they dont have any real talent. And if they didnt have their beat box everyone would fall into a trance

MartyMcFly said:
What the heck is that supposed to mean!!??

It means I asked him what the hell a Trance Producer is and he did not reply. He started that thread and then let it die. Get it?

:p

Hello...McFly...Can you hear me?

Fangar

A trance producer is someone who produces all their shit on a beat box cause they dont have any real talent. And if they didnt have their beat box everyone would fall into a trance
I was into the trance scene a few years ago when it was huge in Britian, Ireland and mainland Europe. I briefly tried writing some trance (Cubase, Reason & Bebirth) and realised very quickly it was very difficult to do well - especially if you're not a DJ or haven't listened to a huge amount of dance. Believe me, the likes of Paul Van Dyke, Jon Digweed, LSG, whoever, are exceptionally talented. The scene's dead now though.

Curiously, I was also someone that once believed that dance music producers were talentless beat-box twiddlers (even though I do guitar stuff these days). I couldn't have been more wrong. Good music is good music regardless of whether you produce it on a guitar, keyboard or computer - you still need creative talent to rise above everyone else.

Trance (from http://www.supergrecords.com/trance/trance.html):
Trance is a type of electronic music that blends the spacey sonic textures of Ambient music with the fast drumbeats of Rave, Techno, and House music. Usually the beats are subdued and mixed through effects, to give the drums a more spacey sound while the sonic textures are usually long keyboard chords held for several measures at a time.

"..like Haight-Ashbury. Remember how we capitalized on that scene?"

Sean, I agree with almost everything you said. Music is music and if it inspires people to move or dance or do dishes then it's good.
I mean I cant say I listen to a lot of trance or house but to me, sound IS music if its put together in an interesting and competent way.
But I gotta ask......

I was into the trance scene a few years ago when it was huge in Britian, Ireland and mainland Europe..........The scene's dead now though.

What the hell does that mean????

Don't take this personally but you sound like you are saying that ...(I used to like trance music when it was popular, but now that its not I'm really into The Strokes.)

I just think it sounds kinda hinky, thats all.

But what the hel do I know, I like Zappa and he was never popular, except maybe in Helsinki.

-mike

Re: "..like Haight-Ashbury. Remember how we capitalized on that scene?"

FZfile said:

What the hell does that mean????

Don't take this personally but you sound like you are saying that ...(I used to like trance music when it was popular, but now that its not I'm really into The Strokes.)

No... I still like trance. And, guess what: I also love the Strokes. But then again, guitar music has always been number one with me.

But what do I mean when I say the trance scene is dead? In Dublin, almost no clubs are doing trance these days - i.e. the (trance) clubbing scene is dead - and clubbing is what drives the dance music scene in Ireland, the UK and Europe.

What exactly do you mean? That when I plant my flag on one type of music, I exclude myself from getting into other types of music?

Personally, I firmly believe everyone should listen to new music and music trends - otherwise we'd all still be bangin' sticks off rocks. Just because you like one genre of music doesn't mean you should never listen to anything else. I say this because I know people that (because of their age) only listen to early 90s music and know very little about new music... Quite sad really.

You're right, my bad.

I was just reacting to the way your statement sounded.

...basically me making something outta nothing.

Anyway, I've never been into the dance club scene, (Not that there is much of one here in up-state NY) but I really enjoy listening to a good trance disk on headphones just chillin in the hammock or something.

I like the production asthetic of the trance Ive heard compared to house or techno.

Hey, do you think Toka took to long a toke and took off or what?

Anyway there really is a lot of good NEW music out there, even if it is from the UK (kidding).

....and Radiohead is still guitar-rock in my book.

Peace out
-mike

Interesting little conversation goin on over here. SeanF and FZFile, I haven't bumped into you guys yet but you've both touched on some shit I'm hip on. I dabble making some Trance type toons, a bit more Kruder and Dorfmeister than Sasha and Digweed but has Bedrock type beats with Sasha-esque atmospheres, just chilled out a bit. I assure any jabroni who says otherwise that producing trance tracks is NOT easy. Anybody who really believes that is just a testosterone filled red-neck who prolly licks George Wubya's balls, can't listen to anything other than Zepplin and prolly doesn't appreciate Radiohead. I hate these types of dudes more and more each time they open their mouths/type. Toka passed out last I heard, it was a realllllllllly big hit.

Laj

Back