Any nice people producing trance here?

toka

hey!

i wonder if there is any trance producers here. I would like to chat with you to talk music producing. I myself produce trance. If you have MSN then add me on : toomas1@hotmail.com

regards
toka

I dabble with the stuff, more leaning towards Kruder and Dorfmeister with some Sasha and Digweed (saw the homeboys last night atually)-esque atmospheres floatin around. Clubzero and Chriss are both SOLID Trance producers with a couple of releases (I think), both have MP3 pages and don't come round but once or twice a week. Glad to see an electronic brethren!

Laj

Very nice Chriss.:D The production sounds great!

However, and maybe my ear is off at the moment, it seems to me that the bass line is in the wrong key.

You establish the key as A with those introductory Dmin to A cords and pretty much maintain these chords through the whole song. But then the bass line that starts at 1:00 sounds to me like it's in the key of B. So the whole song feels as if it's hanging in the air waiting for a resolution that never comes. This modulation could be a nice bridge or even something that comes around every few measures, but not for the whole song.

My daughter was up sick all last night, so I can't necessarily trust my foggy judgment at the moment. But, it sounds off.

Other than that, I think you've done a great job!

barefoot

hmm.. my dad is a music instructor and he said i approached it correctely... see, the chords i play are a bit irregular, and the two chords doesn't share any of the basic tones.. so i made the bassline according to both the chords, which means that some of the time it sounds a little disharmonic (which i kinda like...) with the first chord and some of the time with the other.. i can't remember what tones i used from each chord but i think it was a mostly a 5th from one and a seventh from the other or something... it's a pretty old track...

anyway.. i've also tried to change the key up and down on the bassline but that sounds wank, so i kept the old configuration... try and notice how the bassline kinda shifts its ground when the chords change, i think it's a cool effect...

thanx for the criticism, i'll check up on this track again and see if i can make it sound a bit more professional, personally i think the mastering on this track sucks, but then, it's only a preview, there won't be extra vocals in the new version and the drums should also improve alot... i like the track so it would be stupid not to finish it, right?

whoops.. didn't really notice you got the chords by ear.. well then you know what i mean... :D i keep forgetting some people here are proffesional :D

Chriss,

I'm far from a professional musician and I can't identify notes by ear.... wish I could.:) I just sounded it out on my keyboard.

Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of posting an example of a slight twist on your bass line which I think might work a little better. It gives some resolution to that "hanging" quality I described.

http://www.geocities.com/twbarefoot2000/

I alternate between your original bass line BBABCAA and a resolving progression DDABCAA.

I also couldn't resist adding some funky breaks. :D And pardon the very poor quality of this example. I did it on my lunch break at.... work (shhhh ;))... where I have extremely limited facilities. Gives you the jist at least.

barefoot

Why..

The Hell... didn't i think of something like that??? ... thanx man... great idea... i'm gonna add some breaks myself too, since i don't care much for the percussion i've made there.. the bongos and shit makes it too soft...

Back