Any negative experiences using DELTA AUDIO 1010 WITH WINDOWS XP???

pacman9000

"M-audio doesn't have very good support for XP. Many people are still waiting for the final release for drivers. I still haven't gotten the midi to work in Sonar. Very frustrating. So Before you buy a pro sound card and spend lots of cash make sure you check for working drivers for your OS."

???

Also, I would like to hear any negative experiences in general, from people using the 1010, thanks.

Last edited:
I used the 1010lt with XP, it worked fine. Microsoft is on to Vista now, I'm pretty sure that the 1010 will have no flaws with XP. It seems like that information posted above is from when the 1010 was new.

yea thanks guys, my fault that post about bad drivers was from 03...didn't see that.

so nobody with the rca plugs has had problems with any wierd buzzing, crackling or other interference with recording (Delta 1010LT users) ??

pacman9000 said:
yea thanks guys, my fault that post about bad drivers was from 03...didn't see that.

so nobody with the rca plugs has had problems with any wierd buzzing, crackling or other interference with recording (Delta 1010LT users) ??

I had the 1010lt. It worked very well, and I'm sure its working well for the person who bought it ebay from me. I never had any problems whatsoever with it. Only reason I sold it is because I purchased an iBook G4 and downsized to a 2 channel firewire interface. Would I use the 1010lt again if I used a PC? No, but only because I no longer have a new for all those channels.

2 Delta 1010LT's in my computer. No issues of any kind. I run a snake from the soundcards over to a patch bay. Been running perfectly since day one. I'm using SONAR 5, Korg Triton on Midi #1 and Mackie MCU on Midi #2.

Pacman

I'm running to Delta 1010's synced on Windows XP with Cakewalk Sonar 2.2 recording software. No problems since last Thursday when I installed the second 1010. I did about 6 hours of recording and arranging on Saturday, two hours on Friday, four hours on Sunday and 3 hours today. No problems at all. I do have service pack 2 for Windows XP. That might be important. Just mentioning it because maybe you haven't updated to SP 2.

I have one 1010LT, and a 15ft travel to my patchbays and a 15ft travel to my compressor, and a 15ft travel back to my patchbays, and then the final 15ft travel to the 1010LT. Lots of cabling, unbalanced, for some of the connections, balanced for others, but no problems what so ever.

1010lt here. works fine here under xp in cubase, reaper. m-audio support was good too when i needed it. i think sonar has some issues with the m-audio delta asio driver.

djchris73 said:
I'm running to Delta 1010's synced on Windows XP with Cakewalk Sonar 2.2 recording software. No problems since last Thursday when I installed the second 1010. I did about 6 hours of recording and arranging on Saturday, two hours on Friday, four hours on Sunday and 3 hours today. No problems at all. I do have service pack 2 for Windows XP. That might be important. Just mentioning it because maybe you haven't updated to SP 2.

sup chris,

I have XP Home edition (actually I Have yet to install it since I have to switch from a foreign language version of windows that was installed when I bought the cpu)

Is there any Issues with the "Home Edition"...I've Heard it's not as stable as XP Pro (home crashes more)...is SP2 for home and pro?

to update your o.s. when you only have access to the net at the library, can I just burn onto a cd?

thanks

SRR said:
I have one 1010LT, and a 15ft travel to my patchbays and a 15ft travel to my compressor, and a 15ft travel back to my patchbays, and then the final 15ft travel to the 1010LT. Lots of cabling, unbalanced, for some of the connections, balanced for others, but no problems what so ever.

thank you sir that does inspire confidence in said product

punkin said:
2 Delta 1010LT's in my computer. No issues of any kind. I run a snake from the soundcards over to a patch bay. Been running perfectly since day one. I'm using SONAR 5, Korg Triton on Midi #1 and Mackie MCU on Midi #2.

thanks for response...any issues with sonar compatibiblity with m-audio driver?

Pacman9000

pacman9000 said:
Hell no, bro! I have Windows XP Home, Two synced Delta 1010's and Sonar 2.2 P.E. No Driver issues at all. And I've used one Delta 1010 for about a year with no issues. I only recently added the second Delta 1010. My set up works like a freakin' champ and has been solid for over a year. Before I went M-Audio I was using a Tascam Digital Mixer connected to a TDIF sound card and Windows XP Home loved it. But was limited on inputs and outputs, only 8 and 2 digital. The mysterious Tascam TDIF 8 Ch mic pre eluded me! And a second TDIF sound card followed suit. So I went M-Audio.
If you want, e-mail me and I'll give you my number and I'll help you out as best I can.

I believe the main difference in XP Home vs. XP Professional is the networking capabilities along with a few other things. I wouldn't worry too much about it when it comes to hardware devices, drivers, software, etc.

pacman9000 said:
The RCA plugs on the back of the Delta 1010 PCI card (NOT THE 1010LT) are digital. They got to be used with digital cables (orange ones from rat trap aka radio shack) and the digital inputs and outputs of your mixer/recorder/effects etc, etc.

pacman9000 said:

None what so ever. I've been running these delta cards from HS2004 then upgraded to SONAR 3 then SONAR 4 and now SONAR 5. I've kept my drivers updated and have been through several drivers now. Never an issue, just keep them updated because it seems like the right thing to do.

Contrary to what you've heard, M-Audio has been notoriously vigilant and had maintained an excellent reputation with regard to their driver development and deployment.

thanks to all, now I'm just trying to decide on the Echo Layla vs Delta 1010 pci...although the emu's look nice too, but not as many inputs for the money, but they do have the effects that come with and people say they sound good...

I think I'm going with Reaper and maybe comparing it to Samplitude to start out, but Sonar seems like a great program if it's UI is easy enough to get your ideas down quickly.

Any negative experience... 03-21-2007 08:12 DUDE, Stop posting cr*p!!!! If you can't figure out how to get a Firewire port on your computer, you are too dumb to learn ANYTHING about recording. I'm sick of your stupid postings. GO AWAY!!!!!!

Back