Any good MIDI loop (?) sites

FunkDaddy

Not sure what you'd call them...loops, sequences, etc. But basically, I'm wondering if there's any sites where you could download, say, a nice little fiddle or banjo riff to add some flavor to a country song for example. I've tried searching Google and all I can find are sites for popular songs in MIDI format. I tried searching here too, but "MIDI loops" only came back with a bunch of threads about MIDI and Fruity Loops, I tried "MIDI sequences" and it seemed to ignore the "Sequences" of my keyword search

Not sure what you'd call them...loops, sequences, etc. But basically, I'm wondering if there's any sites where you could download, say, a nice little fiddle or banjo riff to add some flavor to a country song for example. I've tried searching Google and all I can find are sites for popular songs in MIDI format. I tried searching here too, but "MIDI loops" only came back with a bunch of threads about MIDI and Fruity Loops, I tried "MIDI sequences" and it seemed to ignore the "Sequences" of my keyword search

Thats a cool idea actually. Similar to samples, but MIDI sequences. Post back if you find anything, I would imagine it could be useful for drums more than anything.

www.musicrobot.com is a MIDI search engine, maybe typing generic words like "Bass line" or "Banjo" would get you some results. :)

Thats a cool idea actually. Similar to samples, but MIDI sequences. Post back if you find anything, I would imagine it could be useful for drums more than anything.

www.musicrobot.com is a MIDI search engine, maybe typing generic words like "Bass line" or "Banjo" would get you some results. :)

Yeah, the drum MIDI is pretty easy to find and easy enough to edit. I've got EZDrummer and SD 2.0 though so I'm set in that regard :D (Didn't really like Groove Monkees' stuff, doesn't seem to jive with Toontrack samples all that well)

Maybe samples are a better idea but I'm thinking it would just be easier to have a MIDI riff to pop in and transpose as needed. I guess it would be a matter of finding MIDI that works well with certain samples. Or maybe I'm doing it the easy way by playing it all as audio straight from my Fantom (sometimes I strike gold with the arpeggiator) and should just focus on getting better at that lol

I'll check out musicrobot.com and report back lol

Back