Any expirience with Pulsar mic cables?

jjmanton2

I saw these guys on ebay, real cheap, 10 year warranty, gold plated connectors. You can get 8 ch XLR snakes for like 20 bucks. Im tempted to just buy it, for a price like that.

I just ordered six 25 footers a few days ago just to have for live shows and stuff where cables get beat up more often, but I'll probably use them a few times for recording live, since I have a limited amount of nice home made cables. I figure these are cheaper than even making your own, so for live stuff in bad sounding bars you can't go wrong anyways. Plus, I like the different colors, sadly I'm not very organized so I'm sure it will help mixing live when I can see where things are coming from. My home made ones are currently all yellow.

Frankly, I'm sure they are the same as any cheap cables, workable, but not pro by any means. You get what you pay for. They probably compare to like... Hosa, Horizon, Groove Plugs, stuff like that. Musicians Friend has 25' for $2.99 right now, but those cables are cheaper than cheap and I hate doing business with them.

If you're on a budge (as I am from time to time which explains my mix of nice and beaters)...I have quite a few of their cables...so far not a problem.

I also got 6 pulsar cables of ebay and havn't been as pleased. I got them to mic drums and i guess since i have been used to using only monster i was just a little disenchanted. I do feel it is important to not that it may not have been the cables since i also have used audio hardware and a used mixer but i seemed to get more noise then i should from the pulsar to the monsters.

abm123 said:
I also got 6 pulsar cables of ebay and havn't been as pleased. I got them to mic drums and i guess since i have been used to using only monster i was just a little disenchanted. I do feel it is important to not that it may not have been the cables since i also have used audio hardware and a used mixer but i seemed to get more noise then i should from the pulsar to the monsters.

you get more noise with the pulsars because the monsters are a higher quality cable.

pulsar tech cables

i have over 60% failure rate--which includes the high noise issues---you have to open the ends and re-solder all of them----plus the wire , even with the shrink tubing on it to make it thicker is still too thin for the connectors strain relief--so while you have the ends off put a bit more over theirs and all will be fine

I dont think that was his MAIN reason for joining this group.

And this is an important discussion about

cheap cables

no matter who the vendor is.

Back