Any Experience donating song proceeds and keeping fees down

Bristol Posse

Okey Dokey
I'm Investigating setting up my next song so that proceeds go to a local school. Kind of local music project supports local school's Art & Music Programs deal. Looking at band camp but Paypal end up taking a 30% cut. Any one have any experience with small dollar (like $1-2) transactions so that most of the proceeds don't get sucked away in fees?
Thanks!

Paypal allows you to register your account as a charity. I don't remember what the requirements are, but they charge lower fees for it.

Just wanted to share as I found a way to cut the fees down for anyone interested

First of all there are ways to register as a charity and so on but it was more work than I wanted to put in. I have enough on my plate trying to get time to record between work and family go through a bunch more stress to try and set up a charity and so on

Anyway there is an easy solution. Paypal has a business micro payments account designed for people selling low dollar digital content type stuff. The percentage is a little higher but the transaction fees are much lower.
So without jumping through a bunch of hoops you can cut paypal fees on a $1 transaction from $0.30 transaction fee plus $0.03 percentage so a total of $0.33 on a normal paypall account from your $1 payment down to $0.05 transaction fee and $0.05 percentage so $0.10 on that same $1 payment if you use a micro payment account

It's still not ideal but if you don't want to jump through a lot of additional hoops etc it's a lot better option

details HERE

Back