Any Drumming instructional dvd's worth getting?

capnkid

Optimus Prime
There was this Jo Jo Mayer dvd I was looking at.

I need to bring up my weak hand (left) and something to for timing. And something for generally getting all my limbs to do what I want them to. I was practicing 'Fool in the Rain' today, and it was pretty difficult.

jo jo's dvd is amazing so is benny grebs. i cant wait to get my hands on it, i think its coming out very soon.

Don't overlook the usefulness of You tube. There are a lot of great pro and "non pro" players explaining techniques of varying skill levels on there. I am foremost a guitarist but I own a kit and have been playing off and on for the last 6-7 years. My playing has improved greatly just off jamming with instructional videos on youtube.

+1 on YouTube searches...

While you're there, do a search for Randy Van Patten or Vanz Drumming...

The guy is amazing and an awesome teacher!

I bought his DVD (Extreme Drumset Techniques) based on the lessons he was posting on YouTube

Highly recommended!

:)

That moeller technique, or whatever it is that Jo Jo Mayer does, also Mangini I think. 20 beats per second (insane). I think my pinky's are to short for that, but I will give it my best attempt to learn over the next year.

I don't guess it's needed, but it is kinda cool.

What ever you do, don't get the old one from Tommy Aldredge. It was the most useless thing in the universe (next to the Jack Blades Hot Licks video). He teaches you how to do the drum solo that he has been playing and hasn't changed since the early 70's.

Back