Any DKFH users?

I just discovered DKFH online (yes, I've apparently been living in a cave) and I have a very simple, perhaps stupid, question...

Do you program the drum tracks within DKFH or is it just a collection of samples and you need separate software/gear to program your tracks? If you do need separate software/gear, what would work? Fruity Loops? MPC-style sequencer? Etc.?

Sorry to be so dense about this, but despite all the details/praise I read on this, they seem to neglect that basic question... Let me know. Thanks!

J

maryslittlesecret said:
I just discovered DKFH online (yes, I've apparently been living in a cave) and I have a very simple, perhaps stupid, question...

Do you program the drum tracks within DKFH or is it just a collection of samples and you need separate software/gear to program your tracks? If you do need separate software/gear, what would work? Fruity Loops? MPC-style sequencer? Etc.?

Sorry to be so dense about this, but despite all the details/praise I read on this, they seem to neglect that basic question... Let me know. Thanks!

J
I use it, and use it in Sonar. It needs a host program that has soft synth capabilities. You program midi, which then triggers drum samples. It is not a stand alone program. There is someplace on teh website that lists compatible programs. I think it is in a user forum.
Ed

Dogman is right, but I'll expand on that by saying that it is for all practical purposes a VST virtual instrument. Pretty much any sequencer software that will support that will work. But like Dogman said, you'll find specifics on the Toontrack website.

Don't they make a version with a built in program for making beats? I think its the one thats less than 100 bucks, not the full blown one. DFH2 or somethin.
Am I wrong? I was actually thinking about going that route for the stuff I'm writing now.

I don't think so, They are all pretty much the same, they have their own sampler built in but not a MIDI sequencer.

Back