Any Boston Bruins fans in here?

mjr

ADD -- blessing and curse
I have a cousin who was given a Boston Bruins jersey (Derek Sanderson jersey). It's autographed, but I can't verify the authenticity of the autograph.

Anybody got any idea what it might be worth? He wants me to sell the jersey for him, but I don't know where to start.

If it's just a jersey the sig doesn't add much value, maybe $100-$200. If it's an official game worn jersey it's probably worth $250-$400.

If it's just a jersey the sig doesn't add much value, maybe $100-$200. If it's an official game worn jersey it's probably worth $250-$400.

Yeah, it's just a jersey like you'd buy in the pro shop. I don't think it was game-worn, although I do know the numbers and letters are sewn on.

I can't even verify the authenticity of the autograph. My cousin told me if I sold it, he'd split the money with me.

In the early 70s I discovered ice hockey on telly. I'd just gotten into soccer and ice hockey was a welcome addition to my sporting ouvre. The only team I remember from those days {'72/'73-ish} were the Boston Bruins. For some reason, that name stuck in my head.
Fast forward 25 years when my wife and I were getting together, we used to play alot of scrabble and on one occasion, I made the word 'Bruin'. She says to me, 'you can't have that, there's no such word !'. I said, 'yes there is, there used to be this ice hockey team called the Boston Bruins and Bruin is a word that means bear'. So she laughs, thinking I'm making up one of my fast brained stories {like the time I was hours late for work and under the pressure of 3 seconds told my boss I'd been arrested and banged up in a cell, but it was mistaken identity} and we consulted the scrabble book. No word 'Bruin' in there. We consulted every dictionary in my flat ~ none of them had the word 'Bruin'. I was insistent but we couldn't find the word so she got the extra go and I ended up losing.
About a year later, I found it in a Websters dictionary that she'd picked up while in the States ! :facepalm:

Back