Any better way to mix this?

For mix critiques...you need to place it in the MP3 Clinic forum.

One of the mods will move it, so no need to start another thread there.

I'm not qualified to offer much when it comes to this genre. I would say the vocals could have been a little more convincing. They sounded sampled. The composition seemed good. I understand you intended as a soundtrack, so it's not supposed to take center stage but add to the video. I think it does that. The climax could be a little more uplifting. I'm not really feeling the exhilaration of flight, when Superman finally figures it out. That the best I can do. There must be forums where people who score soundtracks could offer you much better feedback that this one, which is skewed toward pop songs.

If the narrative in the beginning was supposed to be intelligible..........even as a sort of "occasional" word tease.......it didn't quite hit the mark. Not sure what you were trying to get across there. As for the composition........it held some promise but never "soared" as I was waiting for. I know you're not asking about the composition though. The mix itself seems fine but almost clinical. It may sound like I'm being negative here. Sorry about that...........because overall..........you did a nice job.

Not at all guys I appreciate it. It was just a test run really. I agree when I listened back I thought I should have took the build up to "the next level". And to be honest I just did the music and found that video and added it to it in about 5 mins ha.
Just didn't know if any tricks or techniques I'm missing when mixing such a variety of sound .

Appreciate your responses and any further response! Thanks :)

Back