Any advice appreciated

Hey, yeah a bit of an improvement on the first mix. The bass part is kind of woolly and indistinct I think - definitely better for having something there in that part of the mix.

I hope you don't mind - while I was listening, I tweaked a few bits and pieces to give it a quick "poor man's mastering" so you can hear a loose approximation of how it might sound after you send it off as is. I'm no mastering engineer, but see what you think man:

Lens That Sold...

Just had a listen Rob, sounds better now, seems a lot bigger after that! What did you change when you did the rough master?

Just had a listen Rob, sounds better now, seems a lot bigger after that! What did you change when you did the rough master?

I added compressor, limiter and saturator plugs and then tried to find a balance between them to make it sound bigger without sucking or crushing all the dynamics. I think it's slightly on the side of brick wall smashtering, but only a quick job and with more time/better knowledge, this could be sorted.

I'm not on my mixing PC now, but I think the compressor was a fairly slow attack and fast-ish release, ratio of about 2:1 and quite a low ceiling.

Then I added a small EQ boost to give the mids a bit of presence and a small notch out where it was a bit muddy in the lower mids and that was it.

I wanted to see if I could bring out the bass a bit more, but it's just too indistinct at present.

Back