Anthemic rock ballad - Any good?

Those virtual instruments sound pretty pathetic. What's really sad is that repeating riff that you ripped off from the chorus of "Ebony Eyes" by Bob Welch.

Those virtual instruments sound pretty pathetic. What's really sad is that repeating riff that you ripped off from the chorus of "Ebony Eyes" by Bob Welch.

LOL I suppose you can afford to pay the orchestra to record live huh? That riff is not even the same notes as mine. Maybe same beat ? and I bet Bob Welch stole it from someone else anyway!

I cant make out the vocals enough during the verse for this type tune, also ( big harmonies during the chorus would be nice.) Not to beat a dead horse, but there are better strings avail, without breaking the bank. they do sound dated.

I think you've got a good chorus there, but I would emphasize it a lot more. Bring back the instruments during the verses so the vocal comes through and theres a bigger contrast between the vrs & chrs.

Its good work, but I think you can make it better.

I cant make out the vocals enough during the verse for this type tune, also ( big harmonies during the chorus would be nice.) Not to beat a dead horse, but there are better strings avail, without breaking the bank. they do sound dated.

I think you've got a good chorus there, but I would emphasize it a lot more. Bring back the instruments during the verses so the vocal comes through and theres a bigger contrast between the vrs & chrs.

Its good work, but I think you can make it better.

Many thanks for your constructive comments. I too had a look at the song again and beefed up the chorus and addressed some vocal issues and mix issues and length. I think I've got it right now. Cheers! :)

The keyboard stuff sounds very 80's - too much INXS on tv I fear.
The snare sounds like it's aimed for Jack'n'Dianne.
The wide panned percussive are too wide.
The vocal in the chorus is weaker around "heart" - the bvox may be the prob but I think it's the eay you sing hea ar art. It sounds weak.
Too much 80's production.
The string synth stuff needs work not only becasue the samples are too flash but also because they sound like synths - the attack & decay is wrong for strings particularly the decay in the fade out bit - too abrupt.
Keep trying.
Now I'll have Your eyes got me dreamin' in my head until I play something else.

The keyboard stuff sounds very 80's - too much INXS on tv I fear.
The snare sounds like it's aimed for Jack'n'Dianne.
The wide panned percussive are too wide.
The vocal in the chorus is weaker around "heart" - the bvox may be the prob but I think it's the eay you sing hea ar art. It sounds weak.
Too much 80's production.
The string synth stuff needs work not only becasue the samples are too flash but also because they sound like synths - the attack & decay is wrong for strings particularly the decay in the fade out bit - too abrupt.
Keep trying.
Now I'll have Your eyes got me dreamin' in my head until I play something else.
LOL. Thanks Ray. The "Welch effect" is gone now. Didn't need it in the end :) Did some work on the strings and drums and vocals and overall mix too.
Cheers!

This reminds me of something that is on the edge of my tongue, but I can't place it.. I love it though.. it sounds very 80's. The vocals are cool, but I think with some work they could be improved. The backing music is fantastic. The flange is great!

This reminds me of something that is on the edge of my tongue, but I can't place it.. I love it though.. it sounds very 80's. The vocals are cool, but I think with some work they could be improved. The backing music is fantastic. The flange is great!

Hi CoverLovers! Glad you like it! I've just now improved the arrangement and mix and am happy with it as it stands. Enjoy! :)

Back