Another Topaz question...Harvey, Q, charger......

rtzstudios

I'm curious exactly how the Aux sends/returns are laid out on this board? I've read a lot about it, and it seems that there are only 2 available at mixdown. Could someone explain this to me a little more. Also, are there any workarounds that you guys have found to get past this problem? Thanks!

All six Aux sends are available at mixdown although you are limited to any four at one time. The other limitation is that you can have aux 3 or aux 4, but not both at the same time on one channel. Same situation with aux 5 or aux 6 - only one or the other, not both.

You can also use the 8 busses to send signals to aux devices via the inserts on the busses. Of course, I can also use the individual channel insets to send a signal to a device and return the output to an unused channel.

The Topaz has one of the most flexible routing systems of any board in this price range.

Great! Just the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

BTW, Harvey have you ever heard of The Production Block in Austin?

Harvey Gerst said:

The Topaz has one of the most flexible routing systems of any board in this price range.

This is why i bought a used Topaz last year! Based on Harv-Master Gee's advice, I decided to purchase the only 1 Sammy's had in stock even though it was dusty & dirty with a few nicks
and dents! Well worth it.

Back