Another solo piano

StarOcean27

Hello again, I decided to make a piano cover this time. It didn't go quite as expected but thought I'd post this up just to see what kind of feedback I could get. What do I need to improve on performance wise? How is the sound? What do you like, what do you not like? All feed are welcome as always. Thanks for taking a listen.

Piano cover

Last edited:
Not being a 'piano guy' myself, I can't really judge much other than the fact I like the tune. I used to be in a phase of listening to piano soloists for a while. Darren Isaacs early records when he was 15 enlightened me. I was probably 22 then.

Sounds like a great melody to me.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! As an piano player, I always have an idea of how things should sound for me, and as a producer I have an idea of how things should sound for everyone else listening. I started with the very basics when I was 12 but it goes a long way. Figuring what a piano needs can be a ballsy thing, a walking the line thing, or simply going with the same chords everyone is use to hearing. Generally I know how I want things to sound like but don't have enough experience to achieve my ideas or a good enough quality. So it can be very difficult. Sometimes I take break from the solo piano stuff and do some EDM as well. But I feel like I don't get far with the techno and trance stuff. And that's the thing, you just have to find where you're good at and run with that.

What piano are you actually using?

I liked the thrust of it but it didn't really sustain my interest the whole way through. I kept found myself adding extra melodic bits in my head towards the end - to make it a bit more dynamic and evolving.

If it's intended to host a vocal, it might work (IMHO) as it is, but seems to need something extra as a solo piece, for my money.;)

lol I feel you bruh. I'm going to change it, didn't really like how the bottom sound. That's why I said it didn't go the way I wanted it. Well I didn't used the Ivory this time. This is some patches from Reason I just threw it in. I did try it over with the Ivory but still didn't like it. New song, new chords, and doesn't really fit like my other one. Thanks for the feed and time to listen.

Well... I just finished doing 2 retakes. One with a different library and another one with a bit more bite. I'm not ready to upload yet since I don't have a lot of comments on this one. I'll wait a bit more.

I thought it sounded decent. But it sounded like patch to me (especially at the high end) and I'm not really good at figuring out those things.

Well played. But like someone else said, it didn't keep up my interest. Just playing some chords and stuff for 3:30. It needs something else.

I thought it sounded decent. But it sounded like patch to me (especially at the high end) and I'm not really good at figuring out those things.

Well played. But like someone else said, it didn't keep up my interest. Just playing some chords and stuff for 3:30. It needs something else.

Thanks for the input. This is a cover and since there is no sheet music for the song, I try to stay away from the original, yet endeavor to stay true to the mood and overall approach, as well as follow the original chords. I'm not sure if the extra stuff will really help. I don't think this piano is meant for that. I think it fits more chords but I'll try to add more notes to it.

I dig it, like the progressions. I see what people are saying about adding a vocal element, but I think that could go with any melodic instrument. Ooooo, French Horn! Yes, good stuff!

So I guess it was how the piano sound then. I changed that to the Ivory now. I wish I could play other instruments but I can't. So piano solo is all I could do for now. I'll try to make something more melodic and romantic on my next one. Thanks for listening.

Back