Another "Sleepless Night" creation

damn i can't believe no one likes this except billybo.........yo billy u wanna use it on a project for an album? idk if this type of beat fits your music style tho

don't know if i'll use it, but hang on to it for me. i like the rusty drums. it's my style. maybe not for my last album, but definitely something i could write to. i'll get back to you on it after i finish a few tracks i'm working on now.

If you don't mind taking notes from a rank beginner and numbskull... :p

Your track has a nice laid-back feel to it, but I think the snare and kick are a little too harsh for the background strings - they don't seem to gel. Perhaps you could keep the rhythm but use a "softer" drum set? The string loop from around 20.00 is very good, but it might benefit from panning a bit wider so as to spread the soundscape while keeping the drums in the centre of the mix. And remember - I know nothing. :D Anyway, I enjoyed listening to "Sleepless Night". Thanks. :cool:

my beats are harsh on the drums for a reason my friend. i don't mix my beats up to standard when i stream them out for people to peep, i do this instead of putting a vocal or sound effect on there so people don't steal the beats ya mean? i feel that wit soundfx or vocal samples it takes away from the focus on the beat so thats y i make the drums kick hard and kepp other levels low so things are off balance but you still get the focus of the total track

...all of which makes my post completely superfluous! :D Sorry, Des, I didn't know that you have a policy of deliberately skewing the balance of your mixes so people don't steal your music. Well, at least I was right in questioning your mix - it's nice to know I've learned a little bit about music in the last few months. :) That said, I commented on the mix only, not the composition - which sounds fine. Keep up the good work. :cool:

Back