Another Reason Question

BEATMAKERS

WHO DAT MAKIN THAT NOIZE
First let me start byt saying thank you guys because of yall help my production has been improving by leaps and bounds i will be posting some stuff soon as i work out a couple more hundred kinks.

I want to ad a sample to my nnxt or the other sampler to trigger as chops. Is this possible without recycle and if so how or is it way more difficult to do it with out recycle

the only way i would know of do it without recycle would be if its a wav sample you could open it up in cubase or wavelab or something like that and just chop it up into pieces and save each piece as an individual sample and then load them all seperately into redrum or each on its own sampler. but if its a patch or any other type of file other than a wave theres no way that i know of. hope that helps.

This is what ya wanna do if you don't have recycle:

-Chop your shit up in a dedicated wave editor.

-Name each sample by numbers (it's gonna make it easier for you to mount them back to their same structure if you need to)

-Then you load them up in your nn-xt

-Assign them to their respective keys. (select all and automap them)

-When all your samples are loaded up, select all of them and turn down the: "k.track" knob on the pitch section of the nn-xt. See Picture
This will make sure the sample plays in its correct pitch and isn't subject to pitchbending over the keys you assign them.

Explanation

-Nito

92_ said:

-Name each sample by numbers (it's gonna make it easier for you to mount them back to their same structure if you need to)

-When all your samples are loaded up, select all of them and turn down the: "k.track" knob on the pitch section of the nn-xt. See Picture
This will make sure the sample plays in its correct pitch and isn't subject to pitchbending over the keys you assign them.

Explanation

-Nito

tHANK YOU KIND SIR THIS ANSWERS A LOT OF QUESTIONS I HAD

92_ said:

Explanation

-Nito

wow, good shit. this will come in mighty handy.

This is just one of Reasons many "trade secrets" hehe Personally I use Recycle, but there are things that the nn-xt does that the rex player doesn't...play samples backwards for example. This can render really sweet rythms and interesting melodies if not overused.

I'm on a roll here, hit me with some more questions :p

-Nito

Nope, that's not an option in Recycle. Disapointing actually.

-Load up a sample in nn-xt

-Check out the knobs on the lower part of the "sample-window"

-Turn the one that says: "Play mode"

-Flip it to "BW" mode and hooray, there you go

See the example below

Example

-Nito

Back