Another Question

questien

When i make beats they are usually made on a keyboard and me playing my guitar...I was wanting to start sampling off records and i wanted to know if once i got my turntable would it be pretty simple to figure out how to get the sounds...

Im pretty electronics savvy, I never read instructions, however i just wanted to know if all you have to have is a turntable and records to sample....Not just kicks, or hi hats i mean like maybe a whole section of a trumpet or something to chop up...

Thanks for the help....

just spit it out...

Naw for real... I'm missing the question some how.

Are you asking how would you chop up a sample?

i was just wondering if i wanted to take a whole section from a song would a turntable and cool edit be all that i would need?

Basically I always hear how people sample from records...
Are they using regular turntables?

u asking how would you chop up a sample to make it fit into your song right

I know how to chop up samples...
What I would like to know is...

Would I only need a regular turntable to sample off records?

If I understand you correctly, you need a turntable and a signal amplifier of some sort; either a dj mixer (go hella cheap if it's just to sample) or an old component amplifier (like the ones you can select "phono/aux/tuner/8-track, etc).

And yes, you can do this quite fine with a "regular" turntable as opposed to a "dj turntable." If you already have a turntable, you can work with that. You'll need to sample from your headphone jack or something, as the signal direct from a turntable will not be strong enough to make any audible fuss. Even if you've got one of those cheapie all-in-one things with a turntable on top, this will work fine, too.

Is that what you were asking? Am I understanding what you mean by "regular" turntable?

diendolo

Back