Another Question About J Station

GRADSTANG

IF SAY I RECORD ALL THE DRUMS LIVE WHILE PLAYING WITH A J STATION WILL THE GUITAR SOUND TOO 'PROCESSED'AS APPOSED TO THE DRUMS SOUNDING SAY TOO 'ALIVE'HAS ANYBODY RECORDED THIS WAY AND I ARE THE RESULTS GREAT GOOD ADEQUATE OS JUST PLAIN BAD

Nobody will notice. We've kicked this issue around a lot here and the consensus seems to be that the units like the J and the POD "sound" like a recorded amp. So, it may not be the best thing for playing live, but it sounds fine in a recording.

Nobody will notice. We've kicked this issue around a lot here and the consensus seems to be that the units like the J and the POD "sound" like a recorded amp. So, it may not be the best thing for playing live, but it sounds fine in a recording.

one more thing,

I would prefer to mic a real amp, but if that's not possible, those processors will more than do the job...

I second Mr Sabbath's remark - for live use they leave a lot to be desired (for me they suck), but you can get some very passable, usable, believeable recorded elec guitar tones. My J-Station @ $150 is one of the best equipment investments I have ever made. Two bits of advice: the speaker models each have their own EQ "sculpt" and distortion characteristics. Don't settle for the speaker cab that defaults with each amp model, experiment with different ones. Also, don't get discouraged if you can't find the exact sound that is in your imagination, experiment, tweak and experiment some more and you will find some new tones that you like.

I second that Major Tom , the more you play with it the better it gets , after 3 years I still come up with new tones .

GRADSTANG said:
IF SAY I RECORD ALL THE DRUMS LIVE WHILE PLAYING WITH A J STATION WILL THE GUITAR SOUND TOO 'PROCESSED'AS APPOSED TO THE DRUMS SOUNDING SAY TOO 'ALIVE'HAS ANYBODY RECORDED THIS WAY AND I ARE THE RESULTS GREAT GOOD ADEQUATE OS JUST PLAIN BAD

The caps lock is the little key just to the left of the 'a' key, the little light should go off when you hit it. That way you wont be screaming at everybody.

Back