Another QuadraVerb question?

flamin-gitaur

Hey guys-
I've had my QV since 93', and recently the LCD display has started to show a bunch of random wildcard fonts when I turn it on. All the effects and patch changes seem to still be in tact, it's just the display. Does the Quad have a battery back up inside the chassis that needs to be replaced? or did my beloved QuadraVerb finally die. If it is a battery, how difficult is it to replace? Is it soldered in? Just looking for some info before I decide to tear into it.

A hard reset can fix that problem if it’s nothing more serious. The battery is also simple to change, but that’s probably not the core of the problem.

This will set everything to factory defaults, so save any settings you can’t live without via a sysex program to your PC or if you’re lucky enough to have an Alesis Data Disk that's cool too.

1. Turn off the QV.
2. Press and hold the PROGRAM and BYPASS buttons.
3. Turn on the QV's power while still holding the PROGRAM and BYPASS buttons.
4. Once the QV displays the edit buffer batch, you can release the buttons.
I had scrambled characters once on my old QV and this did the trick.

Kind regards,
Tim :)

Beck said:
A hard reset can fix that problem if it’s nothing more serious. The battery is also simple to change, but that’s probably not the core of the problem.

Are you saying the QV battery is not soldered in? Every other piece of Alesis gear I've ever opened up had a soldered battery, but the QV was the only one I never opened before I sold it.

I have serious doubts that a reset or a battery will fix your display problem. Be nice if it does though.....

Fortunately, displays are usually the easiest thing to replace.....IF you can find another one.

Well the display seems to be displaying characters just fine, it's just that the characters that it is displaying are all just mumbo jumbo. It's not like it's showing partial letters or anything, that is why I suspect that it might be a battery, I've had it since 93', so 14 years out of a battery is probably about all one could ask for I suppose.

soundchaser59 said:
Are you saying the QV battery is not soldered in? Every other piece of Alesis gear I've ever opened up had a soldered battery, but the QV was the only one I never opened before I sold it.

No... I just said it was easy to replace, but I was born with a soldering iron in my hand. ;)

Back