another newbies seeking help

redsta

Started writting lyrics few month back.Now it's time for recording my setup is simple in pc intal core i5,8gb ram,nvidia GTX580 1.5GB,RODE NTA1 for mic,M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 610 and using Adobe audition.
I have just simply pluged microphone in maudio which goes to pc through 6-pin firewire port.
First problem since wirefire come on board DSP mixer and i no idea how to use that either but neither how to really setup so i can hear my voice in headphone while im recoring vocals?
second of im good with lyrics and flow so I wanna spend more time on them other then learning how to mix and stuff like those studio guys do.So i won't say waste time but just don't wanna spend learning how to mix them up.
Can I like just record my vocals and send them somewhere with beat for mixup..please help me out guys

Calm down :drunk:
Plenty of people ask for help and get help here, hence it is easy to get lost in the shuffle.
It's only been a day. I've gone way longer than that without a reply.
The users of this site have lives that must be lived offline.

Now that I'm off work, have tended to my personal matters, and am online to help as much as I can let me try to answer your post.

Started writting lyrics few month back.Now it's time for recording my setup is simple in pc intal core i5,8gb ram,nvidia GTX580 1.5GB,RODE NTA1 for mic,M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 610 and using Adobe audition.
Okay, good. Seems like a solid set-up.

First problem since wirefire come on board DSP mixer and i no idea how to use that either but neither how to really setup so i can hear my voice in headphone while im recoring vocals?
Sorry, but I'm totally lost in that question. I guess you're trying to monitor through your headphones. Maybe there's a track monitor button on your DAW, or some sort of control on your interface.

second of im good with lyrics and flow so I wanna spend more time on them other then learning how to mix and stuff like those studio guys do.So i won't say waste time but just don't wanna spend learning how to mix them up.
Can I like just record my vocals and send them somewhere with beat for mixup..please help me out guys
Okay. Yes if you have your tracks (vocals and beat) you can send them to a mixer who will mix them for you. Costs money though :p

Yeah im ready to pay for good job mixing.yeah i am trying to monitor my headphones.It's the setup I have no idea put together..but when im not useing the computer then I just plug mic in fireware then i can hear my voice in headphones.Not while recording

Well if you can monitor through the interface with the compter off then it sounds like youre having a daw problem.i don't know how adobe works since I use cubase. In cubase there is a little speaker symbol button (the monitor button) that lets you hear what you're recording

thanks alot il try cubase..will post back if that works
just need to find somebody to help me out with mixing.:)

Back