Another newb looking for opinions

KyleAtGalaxy

Dedicated newb
Hi everyone. I've been recording some songs for my band since we're too poor to go to a studio. I've been recording for less than a year now. Pretty much everything I know I learned from experience and the bbs. I use an Mbox mini an pt7.1 to record with. My gear consists of a 57, a AT2020, a Sennheiser e609, and a cheap cheap Art preamp. I regret not using a click track. I plan to from here on out though. I'm just looking for some opinions, advice, direction, or anything helpful. Oh yeah, here's the url www.soundclick.com/reasonstowritehome

Thanks guys

I've already learned so much from everyone

(Oh I'm so cheesy!)

Last edited:
Yeah

Body you are cheesy as piece of cheese.:o

but good, me too i'm f...ing cheesy and i hate it!!!

some people like it:p

it all sounds a bit distant. That's pretty typical for noobs in the recording field, so don't worry about it too much. It took me a long time before I had a song that I felt sounded alright (actually, I still think my songs sound like crap), but but I'm glad I made all those crappy songs. Poor mic'ing and mixing techniques are part of the process.

So take any advice you get from here with a grain of salt, because practicing will do you more good than anything else.

As for the song, I have a real problem with any song that starts with the word "and," but that's just me.

Back