Another new one, this one a piano-y one

Good work again fendersk8911 - good tune, well played and well recorded to my ears. Nice dynamics and I like how the backing vocals come in. I'm enjoying your stuff - got no nits for you.

nice one...simple, not much to it...but effective, and some great vocals

I imagine some will find it a little sparse, but i wouldnt really do much else with this...though I could hear a lush pad at the end lol...I hear them everywhere :)

I find the tempo - or time between notes is hard to take. I found it hard to get the "story" in the lyrics waiting for the next line each time... The second chord sounds out of tune. The vocals have a nice intimate feel - proximity effect. The piano has a nice spread. Good backups. Good mix, just not my favorite arrangment....

Fair enough. Guess it is just personal preference. Not really any specific story to "get," but I appreciate your criticism. Also, when you said the second chord, did you mean the chord after the first C octave? Because that is just another C octave with a major 7th...Thanks for the criticism!

From a pure listening perspective, I think the arrangement could develop a bit more and sooner in the track, but if it was part of a movie I think it is great real sparse as you have it. Good Job. Definately captures an emotion.

Back