Another Metal Tune

reganito

I need some help with getting the guitars to sound not so in your face. And eq tips would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 01-Elder Dark_Elder Dark (4).mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
Hey,

Cool song - I'd say brighten up the guitars a bit by boosting somewhere in the highs. Between 1k-5k. They also seem to have a lot of low end to them, maybe lower under 100hz by 1 or 2db. Then cut the guitars around 300hz. Cut the bass around 300hz too (Muddy parts.)

Also, sounds like you could use some automation volume adjustments on the cymbals to make them seem more 'real'. they seem to have exactly the same sample being played on every hit.

I think it would be cool to add snare hits between 2:12 and 2:36 to make it feel a little different than the first half of the song.

Just my thoughts, cool track!

In my opinion the track feels brighter and more together now and has less of a muddy sound. It's subtle though, of course. I'm not sure if soundcloud messes with the sound at all vs the original download link, but the original was a louder mix.

What do you think of the EQ changes?

I think your drums should be turned up a bit(maybe just kick and snare up and leave the cymbals how they are.) or bass/guitars down a bit.

In regards to messing with the cymbals, you could send the track to an aux track and then use the pen tool or whichever and manually change the volume level by just a bit on each hit. It will take a while, but it will make them sound a lot more real. You could also send it to a second track, (may have to record it to an audio track) throw on some reverb and lower the volume so it sits under the mix, offset it slightly before or after and it may add a bigger feel to the cymbal. Not sure though, just an idea.

You should try scooping the 250hz - 350hz area drastically (guitars and bass) and output it to hear that mix compared to your first post's mix and it will help see what it's doing and where exactly you need to cut. I'd be interested in hearing that area cut drastically, if you get a chance post that here too!

Back