another metal song

Man, that sounds pretty good. I really liked the tone of the intro chords....pretty sweet beginning. I like the tune...pretty heavy stuff. Maybe could use a little more low end on the drums, for the kick. It's got good sound, but could use a little boom follow through, maybe. Guitar sound is spot on. Killer tone, and some great playing. That's pretty tight. Very cool rhythm. :cool:

Dogman said:
Man, that sounds pretty good. I really liked the tone of the intro chords....pretty sweet beginning. I like the tune...pretty heavy stuff. Maybe could use a little more low end on the drums, for the kick. It's got good sound, but could use a little boom follow through, maybe. Guitar sound is spot on. Killer tone, and some great playing. That's pretty tight. Very cool rhythm. :cool:

Just curious as to what you listened to this on. I've only listened in the studio and my PC at work that has a sub. Both places had pretty decent low end.

HangDawg said:
Just curious as to what you listened to this on. I've only listened in the studio and my PC at work that has a sub. Both places had pretty decent low end.
It's my system I mix on at home...some pretty cheap monitors, but most stuff sounds ok here. It definitely doesn't enhance the lows, so keep that in mind. They are some cheap Edirol's with a 4" and 1".

Listening on headphone Hang Dawg - there's bass but it's not booming or thumpy. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on metal so..... :o

The rest of the mix sounds good - I can easily pull all the parts out in my head as I listen, sure sign of a good mix there.....

Vocals have a cool bite to them - crunchy but clear - cool....

Playing is hot.....

:D :) :D :)

something i do from time to time is double the bass track, and eq one for the low end boominess, and then run a high pass on the other for some "click" in the bass, and mix them accordingly.

kick sounds pretty good.

snare could be slightly compressed to bring up the attack.

BlackHawk2029 said:
something i do from time to time is double the bass track, and eq one for the low end boominess, and then run a high pass on the other for some "click" in the bass, and mix them accordingly.

kick sounds pretty good.

snare could be slightly compressed to bring up the attack.

This guys bass sucked bad enough with one track. That's all I need is another track of garbage in there. LOL Maybe if it was a nice bass that would work. :D

Back