Another Know it All

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead

Ok critique me plz cause if this sounds even half way decent I might try to lay some vocals.

So far I like it... but beware the robo-drums

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Your guitar tone is is pretty smooth in a modern way that suits your style well. I'm not sure but is there a word for the opposite of crispy? Like the distortion blends into itself. How did you go about to record the guitar? The snare sounds a bit dull.

Sounds good to me. Your guitar tone is is pretty smooth in a modern way that suits your style well. I'm not sure but is there a word for the opposite of crispy? Like the distortion blends into itself. How did you go about to record the guitar? The snare sounds a bit dull.

haha... distortion guitar recording is a pain in the ass and i suck at it. basically i just kept trying different random combinations of setting till i got something that half way fit.

i'll give the snare a little more crack and come back later

I'd cut the reverb off the guitars. It's too much to me. Makes em sound muddier than huge. They also have kind of a flat two-dimensional fizziness to them. Modeller?

I know you said beware the drums, and yeah, they're horrible. Lol. That snare is not dull. It's all crack and no body. It's like someone hitting a bucket. The crash cymbals bashing all over the stereo field are unnatural and annoying. Humanize the drums, find a better snare sample, and keep working with the guitars. It's not bad to me. It's just needs more work.

Back