another kick problem !!

ripingitar

im also having a problem with my kick .. though my Kick sounds great by itself .. its a drumagog kick .. but in the mix its not quite there .. i cut low bass and guitar freq .. panned guitars wide .. I think the prob is coming from me compressing/limiting the mix ?? maybe its smashing the kick not allowing it
to peak/decay ?? as looking at the wave file the kick peaks are at the outer most edge of the wav. and look chopped off ?? am i on the right track ?????

ripingitar said:
im also having a problem with my kick .. though my Kick sounds great by itself .. its a drumagog kick .. but in the mix its not quite there .. i cut low bass and guitar freq .. panned guitars wide .. I think the prob is coming from me compressing/limiting the mix ?? maybe its smashing the kick not allowing it
to peak/decay ?? as looking at the wave file the kick peaks are at the outer most edge of the wav. and look chopped off ?? am i on the right track ?????

Maybe.....................

If you really need help then find a way to post the song. It's really hard to tell you what you're doing wrong without actually hearing the song.

Back