Another HR member cover: Emeric's Holiday

Fresh ears eh! well please excuse me if I am not familiar with the sound you are looking for, as some artistic license seems to be elusive to my taste.
Therefore I will comment using typical mainstream critical ears. Listening on studiophile monitors with my own deaf ears.

The percussion and the guitar are out of sync , sounding.
The overall sound is very muffled and distant
The vocals are not up front enough.

Peace
Bill

And the vocals are out of tune, I'm afraid.

However, if your reference is Sonic Youth it's pretty good :)

wow, pg!!!!

color me impressed....the performance is tight and the recording is crystal clear.....

another week? man this is as polished as it gets....you must be taking production lessons from Voxvendor...it has that Mutt sound......

good work,

MIKE

Rockin' PG! This sounds better than I remembered the tune, was a long time ago. The bagpipes at the end really help glue the tune together, who'd a thought?

The guitars and drums may 'sound' out of sync, but that is exactly the way they should be.

Don't want to say anymore, might influence how you carry on with the cover, and that would be a drag.

Look forward to the final!

Thanks to everyone who indulged me in my lame ass April Fools Day joke. You guys rock.

On a serious note, I really should have the "real" mix done in a week or so. I wanted to tease the tune here so that I'll be obligated to finish it instead of leaving it half done like most things.

Pedullist: Man, I can't believe you didn't knock my awful use of drum machine :D.

This is a keeper!!

Is that 2 MXL603s on the overhead? I love the bass and the crystal clear vocals.

If you're ever around here, maybe we could jam!

---

Looking forward to the "real" mix :)

pglewis said:
Pedullist: Man, I can't believe you didn't knock my awful use of drum machine :D.

I couldn't believe it...I was suspecting a hoax and luckily it was :D

It explained the 'what's correct intonation anyway?' opinion of yours, btw...

Back