Another from the outdoor live gig with Voodoo.

Hey, this is a great live recording. I like the wide, spacious sound that was captured...cool panning.

I've heard so many bands cover this tune over the years, and these guys took more liberties with it than any. The guitar is pretty crazy on this. Similar to the dead, there are a lot of super sour notes in there, but some pretty amazing runs as well. The drums were played and captured real well.

While the bass holds down the fort with the low end, it could maybe be clearer as it fades to a rumble at times when things get busy. Didn't care for the singer's voice so much (at least for this tune), but would have thought it could have been a bit higher in the mix.

Again, a nice recording. Man, I miss Florida...

Hey, this is a great live recording. I like the wide, spacious sound that was captured...cool panning.

I've heard so many bands cover this tune over the years, and these guys took more liberties with it than any. The guitar is pretty crazy on this. Similar to the dead, there are a lot of super sour notes in there, but some pretty amazing runs as well. The drums were played and captured real well.

While the bass holds down the fort with the low end, it could maybe be clearer as it fades to a rumble at times when things get busy. Didn't care for the singer's voice so much (at least for this tune), but would have thought it could have been a bit higher in the mix.

Again, a nice recording. Man, I miss Florida...

I can't disagree with anything you said, and, in fact in the master have brought the lead vocal up a bit. I'll have to put a bit more time into looking into the bass situation. It's good to have extra ears listen once in a while. I just can't get enough of this band. They play that club every Wed. evening and I can usually be found there.

Being an escapee from Minnesota, I can relate to the Florida comment (although I do miss some of the great Minnesota music).

Back