another beatles cover - GIRL

yiordanaki

Hey all,

I recently posted a beatles song and said that i would try and do a better job on another beatles song..............

Have a listen if you like and tell me what you think of this one.

Tukkis was the mxer on this one again and i performed all the parts.

thanks

yiordanaki

Very nice vocal performance. Nice sound to the vocal production as well. Very smooth sound. What was the signal chain on them? Maybe a tad much compression on them, but it sounds cool; nice effect.

Everything else sounds very nice, smooth, and dare I say warm.

Shit, you nailed it my friend! I covered And I love Her a couple of months ago and you're getting me itchie to do another one for shits and grins. The guitars are VERY close to the original. Great job.:cool:

Thanks guys,

Track rat - could you post me an mp3 of And i love her?

Id be interested to listen.

chess - thanks for the compliments.

Just by the way, i was just testing the song on my stereo at home and man there was something very wrong going - distortion and everything.

I was wondering if anyone else heard any cutting out or distortion? (It may be time to get a new stereo)

Thanks

yiordanaki

Hey Y,
.....NICE cover man. The guits and vocals sound great. A very nice cover of a classic song. Big thumbs up

g

Oh yeah. You nailed it. You've got a nice voice. I thought it could have come up just a smidge.

If it were me, I'd try to get the harmonies on the backing vocals a little tighter. Well done.

Twist

Great!

Very nice singing and vocal production.

Very good cover. In the solo part, I think it needed something to back it up (maye other guit or some bass guitar).

Otherwise, excellent

hey man i really love this recording...

please give some info on what kind of gear, and any special techniques you can think of that you used.

impressive sound...i dig it. good mix. any other beatles covers you have, i love to hear them.

-wes

I thought this was absolutely wonderful.

And I listened to TrackRat's cover, which was also amazingly brilliant.

'nuff adjectives from me,
Chris

Gosh, that was pretty darn good!

I really like the straight, authentic way you covered the song, and overall production value is good.

I hear nothing to criticize in this song.

Good job, thumbs up!

thanks all,

wes - i reckon its more greek in the bridge part, but i dunno..............

as for equipment/techniques.......

you can prolly tell we used brushes on the drums. For the cymbal crashes in the bridge - i put a tea towel over a drumstick and hit - dont ask me why, that just made it sound closest..............

the vocal mic was a rode NT1000. it's a nice mic :)

the guitar part was capo'd in the 8th fret - I'm not sure if thats how they did it - but it made it sound pretty close.

track rat i also liked your cover.

twist - you were right about the backing vocal - they are a little out in some places - its really bad but we thought, this is just for fun - who cares....... I wish i did them again now.

thanks

yiordanaki

p.s. i think i should start recording some originals

greek....yeah, sorry. i just randomly through italian out there..heh.

greek was the intended "style" comment.

Very nice vocals and harmony. And I like the way it has a different feel. It's tough to rework the Beatles. Nice job! :D

Keep em' coming,I've got nothing to say that has'nt already been said.
Track rats cover was also very good!

Any chance for a revolution#9 cover?;)

Very nice job! I haven't read many of the other posts on this thread so sorry if this question's already been asked. What equipment did you use?

Track- Great job also!!

Nice job. The mix is good and everything is clear. You captured the arrangement nicely.

The only negative (and it's a very small one) is that the guitar part in the right channel at 2:00 seems played a bit stiffly to me. But that's a nit. Good work.

Back