Another active studio monitor recommendation?

raven46

I've had my Tscam Vl-X5 since 2008. I track and record in the same room. Today I put some laminated flooring under the drums. I like the difference. Snare sounds alot nicer. When I was playing around the kit I noticed the 14" floor tom makes both monitors rattle and buzz really bad. That tom is tuned to D in the first octave. I put on some tunes on the computer of various styles and turned the monitors up, on certain songs I could notice a slight buzz. The tom just makes them buzz like crazy. Seems the bit of flooring is doing something to effect/exaggerate the buzz as I didn't notice any at the weekend. I really have no idea what has happened the monitors only that it looks like its now time for a new set.

My budget is 600euro for the pair. I have in mind Event 20/20 bas V3 or the KRK RP6/8 G2, although the 8 might be overkill for my room.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, I havn't looked at monitors since I bought the Tascam

TIA

I've spent the last couple hours trawling the net and reading manual. I really wish I could get a change to hear different monitors in person but its just not possible so with the help of mother brain web machine I've decided to stretch my budget, I know what I want.

Back