Angled VS Straight Walls

getgo

I'm doing much research before I build my control room. Ethan Winer linked me to an article on a control room that he and Wes Lachot designed. It was a basement design and the dimensions were similar to my design with the exception being their walls were tapered in to the mix desk area by 2 feet per side. How many have done this and how much of an advantage over parallell walls does this offer?

Well, from all I've read, non-parallel walls are the way to go. However, you can tame (not eliminate) the effects caused by parallel walls using broadband absorbers staggered down the length of the wall. I say that if you're more concerned about resale of your house, go with parallel walls. If you'll be there a while and you care to make the best music possible, make them non-parallel by 2 feet each side.

You can always use the "home theatre" approach when selling the home later on. The concept may appeal to potential buyers.

chris-from-ky said:
You can always use the "home theatre" approach when selling the home later on. The concept may appeal to potential buyers.

That's exactly what I was thinking Chris!

Back